SVMHS Town Hall Meetings | News
SVMHS to Host Town Hall Meetings
About Potential Affiliation
HCA & Natividad to make presentations
Where: Salinas Valley Memorial Healthcare System, 450 East Romie Lane, Salinas, Cislini Plaza Conference Room, with overflow seating in the cafeteria
When: Wednesday, May 16, 2012, 6:30pm; Thursday, June 7, 2012, 6:30pm
Salinas Valley Memorial Healthcare System (SVMHS) has scheduled two more town hall meetings concerning its potential affiliation with another healthcare system. SVMHS is currently examining options for its future, which include a possible merger with Natividad Medical Center, acquisition by HCA, or the possibility of remaining stand-alone. The Board of Directors is currently conducting due diligence—sharing information with the organizations—in order to make a fully informed decision.
At the town hall meeting scheduled for May 16th, representatives from both Natividad Medical Center and HCA will make presentations concerning their vision for a futureaffiliated with SVMHS. These two town hall meetings will be the 4th and 5th community meetings concerning potential affiliation. In addition, it has been a topic at public board meetings since August 2011, and SVMHS has a web section devoted to this subject at svmh.com/affiliation.
The due diligence phase of this process is expected to take another six weeks, with second round letters of intent expected by June 15th. If the Board decides to pursue affiliation, another period of research and public input would occur before a Board decision, tentatively scheduled for late July, more than a year after first considering the possibility of affiliation. If the Board at that point votes for affiliation, then it would go to the voters in the Healthcare District to make the final decision.
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Low Cost Rabies Clinic Today at the Animal Hospital of Hollister
- Hollister Students Pay Tribute to Friend Who Died of Cancer By Special Dance at Graduation
- Hollister Police Find Body in Field
- Police Serve Warrants for Cockfighting Investigation, Over 100 Roosters Seized
- Suspicious Device Found in Hollister Turned Out to Be PG&E Equipment
- Bomb Squad Called Out to Investigate Suspicious Device Found in Seaside
- SANTCUARY CLASSIC: CHILDREN'S PHOTO AND FISHING CONTEST
- Roll-Over Accident Sends CalStar Helicopter to Seaside
- Bomb Squad Called to Seaside When Grenade Found During Monterey Murder Investigation
- Black Bear Spotted in Backyard of Home in Seaside