A Commuter Rail Closer To Reality | News
The Transportation Agency approved the contract with Parsons Transportation Group to continue work on the Commuter Rail Extension to Monterey County project. This contract will focus on updating the state and federal Environmental Documents for the Pajaro Valley/ Watsonville Station, Castroville Station, Salinas Layover Facility, and Salinas Intermodal Transportation Center.
Parson will also provide design coordination, assistance to the right-of-way team, and institutional support for the project. Headed by Bob Scales, the Parsons team has completed the project definition, conceptual design, environmental review and alternatives analysis phase and begun the preliminary engineering phase of the project.
The rail service will extend commuter rail service from the bay area to Pajaro/Watsonville, Castroville, and Salinas, providing an alternative to driving on congested Highway 101. To this point, conceptual design, state and the federally required alternatives analysis are complete. Next steps for this project will be to complete the federal environmental review, finalize negotiations for operations, and submit the Federal Small Starts application for federal transit funds.
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Low Cost Rabies Clinic Today at the Animal Hospital of Hollister
- Hollister Students Pay Tribute to Friend Who Died of Cancer By Special Dance at Graduation
- Hollister Police Find Body in Field
- Police Serve Warrants for Cockfighting Investigation, Over 100 Roosters Seized
- Suspicious Device Found in Hollister Turned Out to Be PG&E Equipment
- Bomb Squad Called Out to Investigate Suspicious Device Found in Seaside
- SANTCUARY CLASSIC: CHILDREN'S PHOTO AND FISHING CONTEST
- Roll-Over Accident Sends CalStar Helicopter to Seaside
- Bomb Squad Called to Seaside When Grenade Found During Monterey Murder Investigation
- Black Bear Spotted in Backyard of Home in Seaside